By Mario Stefanelli, Marco Ramoni (auth.), David A. Evans, Vimla L. Patel (eds.)
Cognitive technology is a multidisciplinary technological know-how serious about knowing and using types of cognition. It has spawned an excellent dealof examine on purposes reminiscent of specialist structures and clever tutoring platforms, and has interacted heavily with mental learn. in spite of the fact that, it really is in most cases permitted that it's tricky to use cognitive-scientific versions to scientific education and perform. This ebook relies on a NATO complex examine Workshop held in Italy in 1991, the aim of which used to be to check the impression ofmodels of cognition on scientific education and perform and to stipulate destiny examine programmes pertaining to cognition and schooling, and specifically to think about the capability effect of cognitive technological know-how on scientific education and perform. an important discovery offered within the publication is that the examine parts regarding man made intelligence, cognitive psychology, and scientific choice making are significantly nearer, either conceptually and theoretically, than some of the workshop members initially thought.
Read Online or Download Advanced Models of Cognition for Medical Training and Practice PDF
Similar medical books
This can be a 3-in-1 reference e-book. It supplies a whole clinical dictionary overlaying hundreds and hundreds of phrases and expressions on the subject of excessive fever. It additionally offers huge lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers info to clients on the best way to replace their wisdom utilizing quite a few web assets.
Cambridge Pocket Clinician / Maternal-Fetal medication is designed to supply the busy clinician with exactly the details wanted the place and while it truly is wanted. The textual content covers a wide selection of themes concerning maternal and fetal drugs, in addition to medical questions that would problem services either within the outpatient atmosphere and on hard work & supply.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference ebook. It provides an entire scientific dictionary protecting hundreds and hundreds of phrases and expressions in terms of weightloss. It additionally supplies broad lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it presents info to clients on tips on how to replace their wisdom utilizing quite a few web assets.
- Ethics, Medical Research, and Medicine: Commercialism versus Environmentalism and Social Justice
- Mycobacteria. Institute of Medical Laboratory Sciences Monographs
- Elevated Liver Enzymes - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Regression Methods for Medical Research
- Coughing - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Be Fast or Be Gone
Extra resources for Advanced Models of Cognition for Medical Training and Practice
The force of the refutation lies in the open-endedness of the language of science. Within a fixed language the method reduces to modus tollens . The computational method known as heuristic search is in some sense a revival of those old ideas of induction by elimination, but with machine methods of generation and search substituted for exhaustive enumeration. Instead of enumerating all sentences in the language of science and trying each one in turn, a computer program can use heuristics enabling it to discard large classes of hypotheses and to search only a small number of remaining possibilities.
60. , & Magnani L. (1988). Modelling of diagnostic reasoning. In Cobelli C. & Mariani L. ), Modelling and Control in Biomedical Systems. Oxford, UK: Pergamon. 163-174. 61. Stefanelli M. & Ramoni M. (this volume). Epistemological constraints on medical kwowledge based systems. 62. Thagard P. (1988). Computational Philosophy of Science. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. 63. P. (1989). Tacit knowledge and the problem of computer modelling of cognitive processes in science. , Shinn T. & Woolgar S. ), The Cognitive Turn.
Selective abduction will always produce hypotheses that give at least a partial explanation and therefore have a small amount of initial plausibility. In this respect abduction is more efficacious than the blind generation of hypotheses. SELECTIVE '--AB_D_u_cn_o_N_-Jf TO THE BEST EXPLANATION AUTOMATIC Fig. 4. The four meanings of the word "abduction" To achieve the best explanation (for instance the best diagnosis), it is necessary to have a set of criteria for evaluating the competing explanatory hypotheses reached by selective abduction.